Wednesday, 17 November 2010

Older and Wiser.

Evening folks.

My first wisdom tooth is appearing somewhere on the bottom right of my mouth. Or, 'partially erupting' as my dentist so charmingly puts it. I have a family history of wisdom teeth growing the wrong way, that is, into jawbones, hence fingers across the country have been crossed that my teeth aren't quite as fucking demented as my ancestors'. Such a wish seems to be coming true as no pain is currently being experienced, at least not in my oral area. Which is nice.

Another week or two has brought with it many more days evaporating into a cancery wilderness. Per usual, my body is being its slow self at remembering what a body does. My bone marrow chimerism was slightly down, if only to 92%. But down is still the wrong direction. It's like watching the bars on an equaliser bounce up and down. At least the music's not turned off.

And as for my eye infection, there's now a scar in my eye. Another lovely souvenir. On my holiday to hospitalisation.

It seems at the minute that all my body is willing to do is sleep, which is really rather irritating now I come to think of it. Although, with all the lounging I'm doing there's a lot of time to just be pensive. Like some philosopher, but without the depth or profundity or logic or reality or indeed anything much outside the ConstanzeLandia. Getting better is like being made redundant. What to do when I can actually do anything... It's strange, this entirely feasible idea that in a few months I might actually be able to to walk properly... The sensation of health has been long forgotten.

The one thing people seem to be very good at lamenting about for me is this 'loss of youth'. I mean, by the time I get round to recovering, I'll have spent 18-21 zombieing around a haemotology ward, which everyone seems to think is a great shame. Haha, what, that I've lost all those years that I should've been rolling around in my own vomit at some nightclub? I'm sorry, but I'd rather have cancer than listen to Cheryl Cole wailing in a dirty hovel. I've been sixty since I was sixteen anyway, what with all the stamps and cardigans and sudden urges to take up fishing and trainspotting (my mum says she'll throw me out the house if I do. She's 'sick of having a nerd').

Anyway, I should probably go and have a wash. If my bandy legs permit, tomorow I shall go on a philately related expedition... Because yesterday was long and boring hospital day (and I mean long and boring, there were 120 people in the blood taking queue... I had to tell my medicar driver to go home and leave me!) and today was lie around and rest and feel very achey day hence tomorow is GO OUT AND BE AWAKE FOR A WHOLE 5 HOURS DAYS. Mmmhmm, partytimes.

Laters gaters.

xXxXx

P.s Apologies for the strange tone to this post. It's better than a strange tome to the face.

2 comments:

  1. I do have a thought. The ironic distance you have to your situation is hilarious - I feel the same way to mine. Having now spent about 1½ years in old man's land, a haemotology ward in Copenhagen, being 30 years younger than everyone else, your blog/story is pretty much the only one I've been able to relate to. There are too many depressing blogs out there - yours is awesome.
    By the way, you're beating me on the chimerism test - mine is only 80 %, I suppose I got a lazy German. Anyways, keep your spirits high :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope this comment finds you well.
    I was told of this weblog by Jack (witty, rich, noble, kind and utterly charismatic Jack) Who passed away just a few days ago.
    I... really like your writing. It gives courage in it's humour. Long may you write it,
    S.

    ReplyDelete

Aha! You have a thought!