Wednesday, 22 May 2013

Polkraine

I cannot contain my excitement. Just a quick little post to tell you all that I'm going on holiday! Like, a proper abroad holiday! For the first time since I was diagnosed! I am voyaging to Rzeszow in Poland and Lviv in Ukraine for a week to escape the world and look at castles and eat strange foods and the like. And yes, I am going alone. As much as I love people I do also love being a lonesome nomad.

Nothing can go wrong. Absolutely nothing bad can happen to a slightly deranged girl with cancer going abroad alone to strange Eastern European countries. Carrying a lot of drugs. I really need to find out the word for leukaemia in several languages, I can just picture the suspicious look on various border guards' faces as a 22 year old English girl gleefully shows them a hoard of tablets. It was bad enough when I was in Poland before, they though I was mad enough then without an additional 4 years of unusual medical history. But nah, I jest, I am not worried in the slightest. I may be daft but I'm not stupid!

I do need to sort out some travel insurance though. Which may be a nightmare. Because despite me having an illness that doesn't have any side effects that will come on all of a sudden they still try and charge a stupid amount of money. BUT I SHALL NOT GIVE IN! For I am Constanze, Queen of the EasternEuropePhiles!

Constanze :) xXxXx

P.s I'm so excited I just hit my foot on some scales. YEAH MAN.

1 comment:

  1. Yay!!! So pleased for you! Hope you have a fantastic time you deserve it. Janie (a fellow lonesome nomad) (We will need to see pictures of course!) :-)

    ReplyDelete

Aha! You have a thought!