So, gents and ladies, I am here to ask for your help in what is a VERY IMPORTANT DECISION! Contrary to the name of this post there isn't actually a question of whether I'm getting a tattoo, it's more a question of where. There's this tattoo artist in Hull who had some form of cancer and on Saturday the 22nd he's tattooing cancer ribbons on people for charity. And guess who's going? Yep, that would be ME. Any excuse to get a tattoo/do anything cancer related/go to Yorkshire and I'm in :)
This is what the leukaemia ribbon looks like (trust it to be orange, what a rubbish colour), I'd have it straight and with more of a black outline.
And here are the three places:
Thumb
Finger
Clavicle
Please do remember though that they will be done by an actual talented artist and not by me with a orange felt tip and purple gel pen and brain drops and sleepysleepy and who said that and loudness and an extremely unsteady left hand and all that jazz. Not that I'm not a talented artist really, I came third in a 'draw a field' competition at primary school. Yep, that's what we do in the countryside, if we're not eating grass or rolling around on hay bales then we're drawing our many fields of tyres, shopping trolleys, upside down sheep and wheat.
Any votes in the above poll/ideas would be much appreciated though, proper lotsly! I already have a tattoo on my hand so please don't worry about voting for the hand based places because I've already ruined that area already, haha :)
Constanzistanzistan :)
P.s I went to hospital yesterday to visit a friend and we had some serious fun playing some seriously spiffing trivia based board games. And offensive Guess Who. Very very offensive Guess Who. I am legally bound to not divulge the rules of offensive Guess Who but if you imagine filling a room with a variety of criminals and dropping a fiver then you're pretty damn close.
P.p.s YES I KNOW I SHOULD BE WORKING ON MY CV BUT MY CV DOESN'T INVOLVE BRIGHT COLOURS AND THE EAST RIDING OF YORKSHIRE!
Tuesday, 11 September 2012
To tattoo or not to tattoo?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

What about your wrist?
ReplyDeleteI'd suggest a placement at the wrist, too. I think clavicle would be prone to clashing with necklaces or clothing and I've heard that lighter colours on finger tats are bleaching out rapidly. I think the wrist is a nice location since it's near the pulsating veins (which could represent your energy or lifeforce) and therefore a very symbolic place. You could place it a bit on the side of the veins. For example, here is a nice placement that would probably work well with the ribbon, too: http://inkarttattoos.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/small-delicate-red-heart-wrist-tattoo.jpg
ReplyDeleteI'd go for just a tiny little one just on the outer aspect of your wrist, like in line with your thumb but further down at your wrist bone.
ReplyDelete