Friday, 6 July 2012

Well, I guess you took my youth

Afternoon peoples of the cancerverse :)

I had another one of those days on Wednesday where I go on what seems like a pub crawl of Sheffield hospitals. I popped into the Hallamshire to collect the rest of my tablets and give me transplant nurses a letter I wrote to me bone marrow donor. Just thought I'd let him know I haven't keeled over and died and that his delicious bone marrow has done the job and I am feeling comparatively spiffing and whatnot. Then I wandered over to Weston Park (nearly died in the process, BIG HILL, I wouldn't say I sat down when I got there, more collapsed face first into the nearest chair) to hang out in the big teenage ward and kill some time before meeting one of the cancer worker people. Bumped into a couple of my cancer homies which was cool. Had some squash. Looked at the new sofa. Commented on the weather. Did a variety of other rock and roll things, you know me :)

I then went down to the old tattoo parlour to show then how beautifully my tattoo has healed and tell them all how the hospital staff all liked it (or at least tolerated it) and that now tattoos are sort of medically endorsed as a high quality cancer treatment or something maybe. It needs a couple of little touch ups though, might get them done next week or something. I am very happy that my body can cope with tattoos. And huge meals, like the GIANT STEAK I had today. Finally, I have organs that DO STUFF. PARTY IN MY SKELETON, WOOHOOOO! If I can get these legs working then I'll be like Constanzotron V27.8 :D

On my way home I made a new friend, yet another animal with yet another deformity, when will I ever accept that animals are not humans and in fact cannot understand when I'm talking to them. YES THEY CAN. This pigeon did. He had one leg and came and sat in front of me and started at me and we had a chat and he was cool. Animals understand. They don't do stupid sympathy and annoying moaning, they just get on with shit regardless of how many legs they have. Which is why me and Mr Interchange Pigeon get on so damn well!

It's bedtime now. I just got an email from one of the cancer charities saying they've found me some amazing stamps based work experience but it's on some dates I can't do. Schloonkeplerferdistress. I am doing so much over this next month, I swear that when I fall asleep at the end I'll wake up in 2056. Do I ever talk about anything that isn't how tired I am or chatty vermin? Nope. I can't really though because all I do is nap and befriend things I shouldn't... Many apologies, if you want cancer blogs about drama and excitement and all that jazz then you're in the wrong place :D

Constanze :)

P.s I have a small mark that looks like the first mark I had when I had shingles. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I think I'm overworrying. Please, lord cheesus, don't do it to me. More cancer I can cope with, but please please please no more shingles!

P.p.s Rediscovered my love of Pantera. Pantera are so amazing. Pantera Pantera Pantera!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Aha! You have a thought!