Woohoo! It's finally happened. Four years in the planning, my second tattoo has finally stoped being a dream in my head and is now a massive piece of sexy and amazing reality and all is good and amazing and I am a very happy bumblerabbit. The above glorious art is all my own design and on my lower arm in my sort of elbowpit area? Hard to describe, ask me to show you when you next see me :D
But I can hear you all asking... What the bloody fuck does all that crap on your arm mean? Well, let me explain. Let's split my tattoo up into three sections, section 1 is the part at the top, section 2 is the rectangle in the middle and section three is the six characters on the bottom row. Fucking simple, oh yeahhhhh.
Section 1; This is just my name in Cyrillic script, or Russian depending on something or other. There was much debate about how to translate my name, there are ways that sound a bit more 'Russian' but I just went for my own original direct translation so it's spelt as you say it :) Any why in Russian? Because if you know me then you'll know my main aim in life is to become Russian. And it's such a beautiful language.
Section 2; This is the more complicated to explain bit. Basically it's a quote from a song by the band Rammstein which is in turn based on a poem by Goethe (Heidenröslein if you're interested) and also sort of on a Brothers Grimm tale. The quote is in German and says "Tiefe Brunnen muss man graben wenn man klares wasser will" which roughly translates to "Deep wells must be dug if you want clear water" which to me is just a slightly more beautiful way of saying you need to work hard to get the best (I can't really write that without sounding a bit gay). There are many interesting interpretations to this song and to that poem, there's some really interesting ideas and thoughts, especially about the nature of love. And as for the weird and slightly abstract design and layout, well, that comes from my love of contemporary Middle Eastern art, especially some of the work of Kamal Boullata, I love how Islamic art makes use of words. Much of his work is in geometric kufic script which I really like and in a vague way tried to go for a similar geometric feel. I sound like a ponce. And of course the being in German is a bit of a tribute to my lovely German bone marrow donor :D
Section 3; Just my hospital number. Because I had cancer once, can't remember if I mentioned it :D
Opinions are welcomed, be they good or bad. I love it to pieces, unfortunately marrying your own arm isn't all that legal so I'll have to settle for just staring lovingly at it. I was really impressive in the tattoo place, as we all know I have the highest pain threshold in Western Europe so I didn't so much as flinch, even when they were redoing my finger tattoo, OH YEAH I'M SO HARD FUCK YOU NESH PEOPLE. I'm just very happy and my arm is happy and I didn't bleed at all because my body seems to have finally learnt that blood is important and I should do my best to keep it :)
In other news I am much better than I was in my last post, I am no longer a sick factory and my shingles are still on their way out, slowly but surely. DAMN SLOWLY but damn surely. I have hospital in about two weeks, can't decide whether to come clean about my bad behaviour or to just wear long sleeved tops there forever. I'm not sure I actually own very many long sleeved tops, I'm an elbow length kind of girl so maybe I'll have to confess. I don't really have many other things to tell them and I really don't want to focus on the shingles because I'm not too hot on the thought of showing yet another room of people my fanny so maybe I can distract them from my bum shingles with my rebellious arm tattoo of naughtiness? I'm really not sure if I can win here... I think whatever happens they'll get to see something they really don't want to! :S :D
Anyway I'm off to admire myself in the mirror some more. I feel like a peacock, but just for the day, there's only so much staring at my arm I can do before I go hoop and sapers cuts and capers!
Constanze :) xXxXx
No comments:
Post a Comment
Aha! You have a thought!