Such an efficient day. So much solved. So much achieved. I have so much exciting news to share but with great production comes great sleepiness so I'm not sure I'll be able to say all the things I want to say before I fall asleep in a pool of my own dreams. I also pretty hungry, for the first time in days and days and days I actually have a bit of an appetite and also some space in my abdomen where before there was only pain and confusion. I feel so much better. Not 100%, but I can walk and dance and smile and scoff and not have to whince ever ever :)
I really am very very very tired. Is it acceptable to make a list of things I found out today or is that too lazy for words? I don't know. I'm going to do it anyway, if you object then please do tell me and I'll feel very sorry.
1. They grew no e.coli from my urine sample. (confusingly) This however doesn't mean I didn't have e.coli, just that my e.coli is ninja e.coli and can evade the scientists scrutinous eye. They took another urine sample. This time they gave me a jug! Everything was a lot easier. Let's see what this one grows!
2. As my chimerism was 98% there are no plans for another round of lymphocytes so less hospital for me. Hopefully it'll get up to 100 alllll by itself.
3. My liver is a bit enlarged, this was noticed on my ultrasound and then confirmed when Snowden had a feel of my sore side. This could be why my side has been hurting so much, or at least a part of it. A swollen liver can mean a lot of things, some of them fine, some of them bad. I have a CT scan next week for further investigations and if it swells up again then I get to see a liver doctor. Exciting.
4. That protein in my blood that appears when something's swollen was still there. So, the mysterious thing is still swollen! It's probably my liver, but I like to be mysterious.
5. They didn't have enough drugs to give me so I have to collect the rest when I go to day ward next week. This mae me sad and I pulled a disgruntled face at the pharmacist but then he looked sad and I felt bad.
6. I have to have another bone marrow extraction. I'll be sure to take photos!
7. The blood test queue was disturbingly empty.
8. I am now on the guestlist for the young person cancer Christmas party. Unfortunately it's on the same day that I have day ward at 11AM and a CT scan at 3PM. It starts at six. Long, long, long, long day alert.
9. There's loads more but I'm really tired so I'll tell you another time. Like tomorow.
Off for some sleep now. Bye bye bye bye bye!
Constanzistanzistan :)
xXxXx
Tuesday, 13 December 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Aha! You have a thought!