Two years though, eh. This really is the proper long haul. When I was diagnosed I had no idea I'd still be cancering it up now. And I'd had it for at least 6 months before I was diagnosed. Soon I'll have a three year degree in it! Not quite as useful as physics, but you know, it's something. Silly cancer. Silly everything. Two years. I really do have better things to do now. But still, any excuse to party (that would be my version of partying remember, with books and stamps and food and Russian vodka and everyone has to have at least 70% of their skin covered because I'm actually a bit of a prude when it comes to clothing, no arses on show thanks and there's no bloody dance music and you get the idea my idea of a party night is everone else's idea of a night in) and having cancer and living still is as good an excuse as any.
I think I may have worked out how I'm going to ask everyone else to celebrate actually (sorry, Adam just reminded me of this)- by not liking all these bloody stupid statuses on facebook about cancer, such as-
"Today me & My brother were in Walmart.
A girl who had cancer walked by us.
My brother watched her walk away.
Then He walked over to her.
What he did surprised me.
My 18-year-old Brother introduced himself to her.
They talked for awhile.
Then he kissed her cheek.
& Said;
"I've never seen someone so beautiful"
Jesus christ, they're so annoying. I'm fully aware I'm beautiful and I don't need creepy men in Walmart to tell me (Not that I've ever been in a Walmart). The main thing I want to know is how he knew she had cancer. I think it would have been the worst thing ever if someone had've come over to me and said "Hello cancer girl, you're so beautiful", you have to admit, it's a bit patronising. Just because you've got cancer it doesn't mean you lose your brain.
Sorry. I am being a bit grumpy. I'll shut up. Adam started it. I understand that not everyone's as resilient (or idiotic) as me, perhaps it's just me that feels this way about these things. It probably is. I just think that because people talk about cancer in such a depressing way, that just adds to the whole depressingness of cancer. Yeah, it's shit, but saying it's shit over and over and in ten different ways doesn't make it any less shit, now does it? If you have cancer, say it's shit, have partytimes, eat cake, and laugh at cancer, it's a whole lot nicer. Ooo, here's another 'good' one-
"I am asking if everyone could put this as their status for one hour. I'm pretty sure I know the ones that will. Think of someone you know or love who has had cancer. My wish is that in 2011 a cure will be found. Will you post it for 1 hour to honour those who have fought or are fighting cancer."
I think of the people I know who have or have had cancer every day and I don't need a facebook status to do so. If you do need to be reminded to think about those you care about then you don't really care about them at all. It's a bit doo-goody. If you really cared about them then you wouldn't be sat on facebook, you'd be on the phone to them or by their bedside. I do hope they find a bloody cure in 2011 though, at least people will stop liking things like this!
So yeah, the moral of the story? Get off facebook making depressing statuses and have some fun like. Cancer won't get cured by you wasting your life away on social networking websites.
Anyway, I have cancervesary planning to do. I will inform you all of THE PLAN, don'tcha worry.
Latersss,
Constanze.
P.s I really do sound horrible reading this back. I'm not really horrible, honest.
P.p.s I've never seen the Apprentice like, but surely this picture is enough to repulse the cancer cells away from him? In face, surely it's enough to repulse all the cancer cells off the planet? Thank fuck, there is a cure! :D
Thoughts of what to do?
ReplyDeleteMy suggestion would be to go back to Magdalen College, Oxford and finish that physics degree, then make your stamp business official and sell stamps all day!
And they say philately will get you nowhere!